Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weekly Entry 9: Universal Studios


What can be more exciting than to be at a theme park. On our Singapore class trip, me and my classmates went to the Universal Studios Singapore or USS. When we arrived, it was raining heavily so me and my few buddies went inside thair souvenir shop to buy ponchos. After the rain stopped, our journey began. After a short briefing from Mr. Harold, I went in the USS for the first time. With a lot of anticipation, I charged into USS with hype and energy.


USS was decorated with tons of fabricated environments. Our first stop was Hollywood. Featuring the best iconic places of Hollywood. The venue was filled with beautiful mascots and entertainers, and my most remembered icon for that place is the Walk of Stars, an exact replica of what's in Hollywood. We had lunch in Mel's Drive-In, a well decorated diner with retro mood.


My next stop was New York, land of the plenty. I went to my first attraction which was Steven Spielberg's Sound Room. Upon entering the attraction, we were briefed about Steven Spielberg and his mind-boggling special effects in movies. The next room however gave me an experience that was not from this world. I witnessed and felt firsthand how it would have been if a big hurricane hits a shipping wharf. The experience was invigorating, tense and panicking. If it hadn't been for the restrains, I would've jumped out of that room. Those special effects are just awesome.



Heading out from New York, I arrived at the Sci Fi City, home of the Human and Cylon coaster. Those coasters are killers. They were so intense I decided to ride them twice. Another piece of experience that I would never forget. Later I arrived at Ancient Egypt, a well designed ancient city of the pharaohs. Upon walking through there, I caught a glimpse of entrance to my right, and there it said 'The Mummy's Revenge'. I was so excited and thrilled to go in there to try the ride for myself. This too, I rode twice.


After riding the mummy's ride, I stayed outside for quite a time to contemplate the environment of the ancient Egypt as I myself am enthusiastic for mummies and ancient Egypt. I bought a mummy statue from there, and it's right here on my desk as I wrote this. If mummies were pets they would have been much better.

Moving on from ancient Egypt, my next stop was Jurassic Park, home of the dinosaurs. The most memorizable item from the venue was the large Jurassic Park arch and the gate. It was very foolish of me to queue for the Jurassic Park water ride. It took almost 1 and a half hour to reach the end of the queue and finally meet the roaring T-rex in the science facility. And I forgot to mention how soaked my shoes and socks were after the ride and I had to walk in them all the way out. Though after that I went to a shop to buy a pair of slippers.

Lastly, I went to the Far Far Away Kingdom and wow, the castle was realistic I felt like I'm in movie. Me and my friends went there for the Far Far Away Express, which is a gentle coaster ride and afterwards, the SHREK 4D, which was very fun and memorable. That was my first time experiencing 4D films and I had a really good time. Though at one point I thought there were really spiders climbing my jeans. Donkey and his sniffing annoyed me a lot though when I think about it again, it's kind of fun actually.

So there goes the story of the most fun and tiring day of my life. I did not get to be at Madagascar because time wasn't at my side. Walking out the front door of USS made me feel sad and happy at the same time because once I got out, I really missed it.




No comments:

Post a Comment