Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weekly Entry 3: Frostbite 2

Destruction, scale, rendering and audio. Those are the 4 words that pop out of the short clip when I stumbled upon it in YouTube. The upcoming release of Battlefield 3, the first-person-shooter game franchise will be utilizing the extensive powers of the Frostbite 2 engine. I was so amazed by the technology put into this particular game that watched the video several times.



The immensity was so deep and the real-time rendering was like a real life camera footage like I saw in TVs. Destruction was in every corner. And not to mention the audio atmosphere which captivated me in their previous game, Battlefield Bad Company 2. A set of headphones will get you ringing for more. I don't mean to be viral or anything, but this thing just gave me chills. Don't get me started on the AI's in the game, they're lifelike and so believable. Games nowadays are a multi-million dollar business and it is serious business. If there's anybody that can pull this off its going to be DICE and their new engine, Frostbite 2.

3 comments: